First things first, we have to set up a Gmail account. If you have already done this, please skip down to section 2 for more information on how to setup a Google Plus page.
1. Setting up a Gmail Account
***If you already have a Gmail account, then you will simply need to sign into your account.
If you do not have a Gmail account, then you will click the "Create an Account" link located below the sign in button and follow these steps:
- If you had to create an account, you should see the image below on the next page.
- Fill out all of the information on this page and then hit "Next" at the bottom right corner of the page.
- After you hit "Next" you will be taken to a Verification page. This page will ask for your phone number and then either text or call you with a verification code. Once you have this verification code, you put it into the code box and hit "Continue" and you will be redirected to the welcome page!
2. Setting up a Google Plus Profile
- Once you are in your email, click the blue man in the corner of your inbox and a drop down will appear. Click "View Profile" from the drop down menu.
- The "view profile" button should take you to this page:
***I suggest taking the tour and setting up your profile and then you have a Gmail and a Google Plus profile!
3. Adding Yourself as a Contributing Author
- From the last page you were on, click the "About" button
- Scroll down the page until you see the box titled "Links"
- Then click the button in the "Links" box that says "Edit" - located on the bottom left of the box
- After you have clicked "Edit" a box will open up and have several options- you will want to click the button that says "Add custom link" under the "Contributor to" section
- Lastly, make sure you have a clear image of your face set as your profile picture and make sure that your name is accurate on your profile as well
For the remaining steps on how to integrate Google Authorship with your blog or website, please see this step-by-step tutorial from GeekBeat.tv